Instructions To Determine Which Media Player Program Is Associated With MP3 Files (Assumes You Are Running Windows XP)
You may want to print out these instructions so you can refer to them as you go.
1. Right click your mouse on Start.
2. Left click your mouse on Explore (your Windows Explorer will open).
3. Left click your mouse on Tools.
4. Left click your mouse on Folder Options. The following will appear.
5. Left click your mouse on the File Types tab. The following will appear.
6. Hit the "M" key and the File Extensions will go to the first file extension beginning with the letter "M".
7. Continue to scroll down until MP3 appears in the File Extensions and then click on it. The Details for MP3 extension section will list the name of the program that MP3 files are associated with. If the MP3 files are associated with Windows Media Player your screen will look like this.
8. Open the media player program that is indicated above and click on Help and then About to determine the version number of the program. If you have Windows Media Player associated with the MP3 files you would left click Start, All Programs, Accessories, Entertainment and then Windows Media Player and then Help, About. The version number of the program will appear similar to the following.
9. Email me the name of the Media Player and the version number of your media player and I'll try and help you solve your problem.